Increasing impact through engagement
Community partnerships enable fellows to deepen their understanding of populations served, engage in customer research, and explore the possibilities for technology to meet unique community needs. These partnerships take many forms, from in-classroom discussions to summer internship opportunities.
Community collaborations allow our fellows to tackle real world problems and develop insight and empathy.
- Pitch an idea for our design challenges where students tackle current, real-world public health or conservation issues.
- Be a customer connector and link student teams with customer groups.
- Mentor a student team and provide your expertise and guidance.
- Be a guest speaker in the classroom either in-person or virtually to share your expertise.
- Provide an internship opportunity for one or more of our fellows.
- Propose a micro-project to provide students with valuable exposure to your career field or industry.
While we have established several models to engage with the community, we are always open to new ideas for building collaboration and connection.